1. Channel Structure for the Enterprise Business Group
2.1 Definition of Business Partners
Tier-1 reseller: includes distributor and value-added partners.
Tier-2 reseller: includes platinum, gold and silver partners, and recognized partner.
2.2 Definition of Market Scope
The enterprise business is targeted at the industry, enterprise, and commercial customer market.
3. Roles of Enterprise Business Partners
3.1 Role of Distributors
- Have outstanding comprehensive strength (in terms of company capital, employees, etc.); have a strong background in the distribution business; be familiar with the market of Huawei enterprise products and solutions; have extensive resources and strong capabilities on marketing and technical support; have a business scope that covers most of the market in authorized countries; and have branches in key cities.
- Recruit and certify the tier-2 resellers for Huawei in the enterprise market, and achieve the coverage for the regions.
- Act as a logistic platform for the sales of Huawei products, and purchase products from Huawei. In principle, the distributor shall not directly supply products to end users.
- Provide logistic and financing services and technical support to tier-2 resellers of Huawei.
- Provide products, technology, and service support to tier-2 resellers of Huawei, and be responsible for customer satisfaction of tier-2 resellers.
- Be responsible for the distribution of enterprise products and solutions, and focus on completing the coverage of the enterprise market.
- Implement the Huawei branding and marketing plans.
- Implement the Huawei incentive plan developed for tier-2 resellers.
3.2 Role of Value-Added Partners
- Promise to achieve the sales targets on the Huawei enterprise products and solutions.
- Have strong comprehensive strength (in terms of company capital, employees, etc.), and have great advantage with regard to market resources in one or more industries.
- Develop the customer relationship platform for a specific industry or region, and provide technical support, solution, and branding support on Huawei products for users in a specific industry.
- Be willing to develop technical service capabilities in line with Huawei’s policy on developing business partners.
- Have a strong capability on system integration and industry consultancy.
- Directly supply products to end users. The value-added partners shall not supply products to tier-2 resellers of Huawei.
3.3 Role of Platinum, Gold, and Silver Partners
- Have market capabilities and influence in the authorized regional/industry market.
- Develop the customer relationship platform for the authorized region/industry, and promise to achieve sales targets for the Huawei enterprise products and solutions in the authorized region/industry.
- Provide presales technical support, post-sales technical support, and branding support on Huawei products for users in the authorized region/industry.
3.4 Role of Recognized Partners
- Be the primary partners of Huawei.
- Supply Huawei’s enterprise products and solutions to the certified end users.
- Provide presales technical support and branding support on Huawei products for end users.
4. Requirements for Business Partner Certification for the Enterprise Business
The distributor and value-added partners (VAPs) must be certified independently. A distributor cannot be a value-added partner and vice versa.